JEWS, JOOOOS and Hebrews

(JOOOOS is the way sane people mock antisemitic conspiracy theorists)

I do write rather a lot on this blog about Jews and Israel. Ever since Christianity erupted from it, that little sliver of land at the Eastern end of the Mediterranean has been a major source of controversy and contention. And all regular readers of this blog will be acutely aware that I am about as rock-solid a supporter of Israel as you can get.

I do nonetheless have the amusing distiction that I have often been accused of being both antisemitic and a Jew-lover. What that mainly tells you, of course, is how hysterical modern politics can get. Secondarily, however, it shows you that I am a true conservative -- determined to deal with the world in all its real complexity rather than resort to simple generalizations.

You can see why I have been the target of such contradictory accusations if you look at my big essay about Jews -- which I have revised a bit in recent times. It is a largeish essay so if you are in a hurry just read the last paragraph.

(For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, FOOD & HEALTH SKEPTIC, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS, DISSECTING LEFTISM, IMMIGRATION WATCH and EYE ON BRITAIN. My Home Pages are here or here or here. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them