The U.S. 9th Circuit Appeals Court Strikes Again

It has just declared that some people have fewer free speech rights than others. If you are in a "minority", you can say more or less what you want. But if you are in a "majority", any restrictions on what you say are OK.

I cannot see where they find that in the First Amendment but, Hey! the law is anything the judges say it is, is it not?

The case is Harper v. Poway Unified School District and the aim of the decision was -- Surprise! -- to make it illegal to criticize homosexuality.

Details here. Presumably, SCOTUS will strike the decision down but I wouldn't bet on it.

Note that a direct implication of the decision is that Christians are not allowed to defend Christianity. So there is no doubt that the 9th. Circuit pisses on the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

(For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and DISSECTING LEFTISM. My Home Page. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them